With every CSA delivery, I send out an email with farm news, a list of the share contents, and suggested recipes for your share. For most of you, this is old news. But we have a few members who are new to our CSA, so you can expect this email on CSA day. In the winter, farm news will be more sporadic since there isn't much going on at many farms during the cold months. That's not to say that your farmers aren't busy; rather much of the daily operations are not very newsworthy.
- 1 head lettuce from Harmony Grove Farm
- 1/2 lb. kale from NuWay Farm
- 1 bunch carrots from NuWay Farm
- 1 lb. turnips from NuWay Farm
- 2 delicate squash from Detweiler Farm (a few of you have acorn)
- 1 lb. onions from Detweiler Farm
- 1 garlic from Detweiler Farm
- 1 cabbage from Detweiler Farm
- 1 dozen eggs from Miller Farm Products
- 2 lb. potatoes from Miller Farm Products
Turnip Soup with Rosemary and Black Pepper (One of our CSA members says this is the best turnip recipe she has made.)
Do you know how easy it is to make Egg Drop Soup?
Zuppa Toscana - a creamy soup with sausage, potatoes, and kale.
Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Curry for a meatless meal
Chicken Yakisoba - a vegetable, chicken, and ramen noodle dish. Be sure you throw away the seasoning packet in the ramen noodles...or buy plain ones.
My family's favorite cabbage recipe: Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Onion Dijon Sauce
Our next CSA delivery will be December 13, and then we have 3 weeks off until January 3. Thank you for choosing to eat local this winter!