Happy Valentine's Day!! At my home we don't really celebrate it, mostly because it's a holiday promoted by corporations to sell cards, chocolates and flowers, but also because our second son was born on this day, so that celebration is more important to us.
This is Week 6 of Winter CSA, so we have just two more deliveries until our Spring Shares begin. I am putting the finishing touches on updates to our Website, so look for an email very soon announcing Spring Share and CSA 2018 sign-ups.
- 2 lettuce from Harmony Grove Farm
- 2 micro greens from Harmony Grove Farm
- 1 lb. popcorn from Detweiler Farm
- 2 lb. potatoes from Detweiler Farm
- 1 cabbage from Detweiler Farm
- 1 dozen eggs from Miller Farm Products
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms (cremini or white) from TOG
- 1 lb. sweet onion from TOG
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes from TOG
- 1 lb. red beets from TOG
A perfect dessert for Valentine's Day: Beet Brownies
Sweet Potato Hash Egg Cups (you could use regular potatoes, too!)
Colorful Beet Salad with Carrot, Quinoa and Spinach (you can switch out ingredients to suit your tastes and what you have on hand)
Enjoy the warming days of early spring. Our farms are filled with mud this time of year, but we look forward to fresh green plants and newborn animals as the days lengthen.