Buttered Beans and Potatoes
4 red skinned potatoes, diced small
1 lb fresh beans/peas ( 1 variety or a mix)
½ cup butter
2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
- Cook diced potatoes in a pot with plenty of water. When done, strain and spread out on a plate or tray. Put in refrigerator.
- In a small pot melt butter. Add fresh beans/peas and cook for 5 mins.
- Add enough chicken stock to not quite cover beans/peas.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper. Bring beans to a simmer.
- Cook till beans/peas are done 10-15 minutes. Add potatoes.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary.