Crock Pot Maple Acorn Squash
2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup raisins
1/3 cup butter, sliced thin
1/2 cup water
- In a medium bowl, stir together maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and raisins.
- Spoon mixture into cavity of each acorn squash half.
- Wrap each half tightly in aluminum foil; place into Crockpot, rearranging as necessary to make sure lid can shut securely. OR skip the aluminum foil and make sure squash halves stay level so the filling doesn't spill.
- Pour water into bottom of Crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Allow squash to cool slightly before unwrapping and serving.