Kale Artichoke Dip
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 5 ounces chopped kale, ribs removed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (*may substitute with chicken or veg. broth)
- 1 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup chopped (canned) artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts (optional)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and red onion, if using, for 1 minute, then add kale and continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add wine/broth and cover for 1 minute or until kale has wilted and all the liquid has dissolved from the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove mixture from stove and transfer to a food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times and set aside. (if you want the dip more chunky then make sure and watch between pulses to reach desired consistency)
- In a large mixing bowl combine the kale mixture with the remaining ingredients and stir together until the dip is well mixed. Season generously with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with chips, bread, or raw veggies like carrots or bell peppers.
If you substitute the wine with chicken broth only add 2 tablespoons of broth because less of the broth will evaporate. Also, you may use all Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, or adjust the ratio as you prefer just making sure that you have 1.5 cups total of the yogurt or sour cream.
Yield: 2 cups