Kale, Turnip, and Turkey Sausage Soup
- 5 uncooked mild Italian turkey sausages (500 g)
- ½ a bunch of kale leaves, chopped about 3-4 leaves
- 2 cups turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp thyme (dried)
- In a large soup pot, heat to medium high heat.
- Remove the raw sausage from its casing and put into the pot. Breaking it up with a wooden spoon or potato masher.
- Once the sausage is about ½ cooked, add in the onion, turnip and carrot and thyme and cook until the vegetables begin to soften (about 5-7 minutes).
- Then add in the chicken broth and water.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are completely soft (another 10 minutes or so). When there's about 5 minutes left in cooking, add the chopped kale (remember to strip it from the stem).