Pureed Butternut Squash with Sage & Toasted Almonds
- 2 medium butternut squash (about 4 lbs) peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/4 C half & half
- 4 Tbs (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, 2 Tbs reserved for sage butter
- 1 Tbs minced fresh sage leaves
- brown sugar
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 C of sliced almonds, toasted
1. Roast squash i(halved and face down in just enough water to cover the surface of baking dish) n 400 degree oven until fork tender or place squash in large microwave safe bowl. Cover bowl tightly and microwave on high until squash is fork tender (about 15-20 minutes).
2. Whle squash cooks, cook 2 Tbs of butter with minced sage in a small skillet over medium low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Carefully remove plastic wrap from squash bowl and drain. Transfer to a food processor. Add the half and half, melted sage butter, 2 Tbs brown sugar and 1 tsp salt. Process until smooth, about 20 seconds, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Garnish with toasted almond on top and serve! (Before garnishing, can be kept in fridge for up to 4 days and frozen for up to 1 month).
Yields: 8-10 servings