ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY WALNUT QUINOA STUFFING
- 3 medium acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup white Quinoa
- ½ cup red Quinoa
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- ½ Sweet Onion chopped
- ½ Red Pepper chopped
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 8oz package Baby Bella Mushrooms chopped
- ¾ cup chopped Walnuts
- ¾ cup dried Cranberries
- 2 Tbs ground Sage
- 1 Tbs dried Thyme
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim off each end of the squash.
- Stand the squash upright and halve lengthwise.
- Scoop out the pulp and the seeds and discard.
- Brush each squash half with 1 Tbs olive oil, and then sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Arrange cut sides down on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Roast the squash until the flesh is tender and the edges are golden brown, approximately 25-35 minutes.
- While the squash roasts,
- In medium saucepan add Quinoa and Vegetable Broth.
- Bring to boil then cover and reduce heat to low, cooking for 15-20 minutes.
- While the Quinoa is cooking prepare the rest.
- In large saute pan over medium heat add 2 Tbs Olive Oil, Onion, Red Pepper, and Garlic.
- Saute 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Add Mushrooms, Sage, Thyme, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper.
- Sauce 5 minutes longer until mushrooms are softened. Remove from heat.
- Add in Quinoa, Walnuts, and Cranberries.
- Remove cooked squash from oven and flip over so cut side is up.
- Fill the roasted squash halves with the mushroom mixture and bake again for another 10 minutes.